Can't add entries to "I don't want to see" plug-in

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
jdonato

Can't add entries to "I don't want to see" plug-in

Beitrag von jdonato »

Hi and sorry for all the questions:

I am trying the "Add Entry" button on the "I don't want to see" plug-in.
I click the button, a new "DUMMY ENTRY" appears (with the "invalid color")
I enter a complete title (or a partial title for that matter), case sensitive selected.
Then I click "apply". The item disappears from the "Search text" list and it does not "hide" the intended programs.
What am I missing?
(Selecting the plug-in drectly from the contextual menu of a program does work well.)
I searched the forums and the wiki but did not find any help. I even tried to search the German forums with Google translation, to no avail.

I don't want to be a pain for you, but I cannot find answers elsewhere and I don't speak German :(
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Can't add entries to "I don't want to see" plug-in

Beitrag von ds10 »

For me it works just fine. When I add an entry and change the title and click Apply the new entry is in the list (alphabetical sorted).
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

Thanks for the response ds10.
I should have stated that I am using TV-B on a Mac and Snow Leopard.
Are you on the same OS?
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

No, I'm not. What Java version do you use?
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

ds10 hat geschrieben:No, I'm not. What Java version do you use?
Java version 1.6.0_17
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

OK. New info.

Seems like a strange bug, hopefully a one-time bug. I restarted and tried again and now it is working and accepting all entries. (I tried restarting before with no success).

So now a new question: The reason I tried my own entries is because I wanted to "hide" some programs by searching a partial title. I don't want to see any instance of the "HBO First Look" series. Since they begin with the name of the movie (like for example: "Avatar: HBO First Look") I don't want to select each and every instance of the differente movies highlighted in the series.

This is not working for me. I tried to hide a complete title, and entered "Eagle Eye"; this worked immediately. But "HBO First Look" is not working for me.

Am I missing anything or is there a trick or process that would help me accomplish this?
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

Never mind.

Just discovered that I can use "*: HBO First Look" and that will do what I need.

The power of TV-Browser is amazing!
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

You can even enable the sub menu function of the "I don't want to see" plugin, to get the function to alter the title entries from the context menu (TV-Browser->Settings->Plugins->I don't want to see, Context menu). Once you've changed that setting you will have I don't want to see->User entered value in the context menu of a program.
jdonato

Beitrag von jdonato »

ds10 hat geschrieben:You can even enable the sub menu function of the "I don't want to see" plugin, to get the function to alter the title entries from the context menu (TV-Browser->Settings->Plugins->I don't want to see, Context menu). Once you've changed that setting you will have I don't want to see->User entered value in the context menu of a program.
Thanks! I tried that alternative when things were not working, I will give it another try.
Antworten