Google Synchronisation

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
stevelw

Google Synchronisation

Beitrag von stevelw »

I have just installed version 3.0 RC1 onto my iMac and synchronisation with Google Calendar has stopped working. The settings screen will accept my EMail/password combination but the 'Google calendar Settings' screen that follows attempts to load the calendat list, but never magaes it (just keeps trying without producing any errors/messages)

if I attempt to export to Google, the screen flickers for a moment and nothing else happens. I have confirmed that my EMail/password combination is valid (it works both from my iPad and on the google site in a browser. There were no problems with this activity on any prior version This is very frustrating, as Google syncronisation is one of the primary reasons I use this application.

Can anyone suggest what might be going on here? Thanks
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Google Synchronisation

Beitrag von ds10 »

There's a bug just use 2.7.5 until TV-Browser 3.0 RC2.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
stevelw

Beitrag von stevelw »

Thanks for that. I've re-installed 2.7.5 which now hangs on the splash screen whilst 'Checking TV Database'.

Is there some way to flush the old database? (did the format change on version 3.0?)
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

stevelw hat geschrieben:Thanks for that. I've re-installed 2.7.5 which now hangs on the splash screen whilst 'Checking TV Database'.
You have to delete all *.YYYYMMDD files in the tvdata directory and all *.prog.gz files in the TvBrowserDataService subdirectory.
It maybe works then.
stevelw hat geschrieben:Is there some way to flush the old database? (did the format change on version 3.0?)
Yes that's mentioned in the news.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
stevelw

Beitrag von stevelw »

I tried deleting those files, and that allowed the program to load without hanging on the splashscreen.

However, when loaded, the grid is completely empty and, whilst the update routine appears to run on request, the progress bar fills much quicker that it used to and the grid remains empty after the update. Looking at the 'tvdata' directory, no changes have been made, suggesting that the update hasn't really worked at all.
stevelw

Beitrag von stevelw »

I have now deleted the original installation completely, and re-installed 2.7.5 from scratch.

Whilst this appears to have solved the google problem in that i can now see the available calendars on my account, I am still unable to download any program information at all - i get an error message that says "Couldn't download the program for the the whole time (even though I selected today only. The errorlog is attached in the hope that some sense can be made out of this mess.
Dateianhänge
ErrorLog.txt
(3.07 KiB) 235-mal heruntergeladen
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

It looks like TV-Browser isn't able to get an Internet connection.
Did you really deleted the whole configuration before you setup it again?
stevelw

Beitrag von stevelw »

Yep. Uninstalled the application and completely removed the TV-Browser folder in Application Support as well. There shouldn't have been anything left after that - unless the app uses some non-standard locations as well.

It must be seeing the internet at some level, as it is able to determine the calendars on my Google Calendar account and display them
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

If you try the transportable package of TV-Browser 3.0 RC1 and don't import any settings do you get Internet connection?
stevelw

Beitrag von stevelw »

The only version of that that I can find appears to be for Windows rather than OS X
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

The transportable version is for all platforms:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tvbrow ... rtable.zip

Just extract it and start the tvbrowser.jar, at least on the console it should work with, after you've changed the directory to the TV-Browser transportable directory.

Code: Alles auswählen

java -jar tvbrowser.jar
stevelw

Beitrag von stevelw »

Unfortunately not. The update listing windows just keeps recycling until I cancel it, and no listings appear.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

On the first start of the transportable Version you were ask to import settings and data you then have canceled the import and TV-Browser transportable starts and displays the Setup assistent. Normally you would go through the first page of the Setup assistant and will reach the Network test, if TV-Browser now says the Network test was successful you can reach the Internet. After that step the available channels will be listed and here you don't get any channel although the Network test was successful?

I've looked in the configuration for Mac OS X, you need to delete USER-HOME/Library/Preferences/TV-Browser and USER-HOME/Library/Application Support/TV-Browser/tvdata to completely remove all TV-Browser settings and data.
stevelw

Beitrag von stevelw »

ds10 hat geschrieben:On the first start of the transportable Version you were ask to import settings and data you then have canceled the import and TV-Browser transportable starts and displays the Setup assistent. Normally you would go through the first page of the Setup assistant and will reach the Network test, if TV-Browser now says the Network test was successful you can reach the Internet. After that step the available channels will be listed and here you don't get any channel although the Network test was successful?
Network test was successful and the channels were listed. At that point the update ran, and kept re-running until manually cancelled. At this point the channels were still listed, but no programmes were displayed
ds10 hat geschrieben:I've looked in the configuration for Mac OS X, you need to delete USER-HOME/Library/Preferences/TV-Browser and USER-HOME/Library/Application Support/TV-Browser/tvdata to completely remove all TV-Browser settings and data.
Deleted both these folders. TVB then ran setup assistant, downloaded channel data, allowed me to select required channels, ran update to obtain program information and displayed a message that updated program information was available. Grid, however, remained completely empty for all channels.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Then I guess it's a problem with the RadioTimes data itself again. So it's not a TV-Browser problem.
If you find channels from BBC Backstage that you can see then use them instead of the channels from Radio Times, you can see which data provider is used in the tool tip of a channel in the channel settings.
Antworten