Did someone test the new BBC plugin?

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Did someone test the new BBC plugin?

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Hi,

I released a new BBC plugin (as beta version) some days ago. It uses a new data source for parsing the BBC programmes. The old BBC plugin will never ever work again (as the BBC closed that data source). Unfortunately that new plugin is 3.0 only (so you need to use our 3.0 RC1 version to test it). Are there any people out there who used the new plugin? If so, any problems?

I have the plugin running for about 4 weeks on my own system now, but native speakers (and TV watchers) can probably give better feedback.

Ciao, Michael
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Did someone test the new BBC plugin?

Beitrag von Jo »

The times are one hour behind in comparison to the Radiotimes plugin. I thought it was already mentioned in the jira, but I'm not sure.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Yes, but they _should_ be correct, which I cannot check myself as I can't _see_ any of those channels.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

I have no clue what is wrong, but I just saw
BBC One (London) - BBC News at Six
05.11.2010 18:00-18:30
and in the source
<start>2010-11-05T18:00:00Z</start>
Since my system is set to CET it should be displayed in TVB with start time at 19:00. I don't know why it doesn't.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

There is something wrong. When I update the data, my favorite programs aren't found again and the log says:
23:18:54 WARNUNG: channel for program 'bbcdataservice.BBCDataService_bbc programmes_gb_bbcone_london_23:35:60' not found or not a subscribed channel

23:18:54 WARNUNG: channel for program 'bbcdataservice.BBCDataService_bbc programmes_gb_bbctwo_england_19:15:60' not found or not a subscribed channel
Instead of adding 60 min. to get CET there are added 60 sec.? Or what does this mean?
hoerb

Beitrag von hoerb »

thx a lot for that plugin !

i use it with Version: 3.0 RC1 and it works fine even with DVB-Plugin , shows correct times, no problems at all
Don Bartolo

Beitrag von Don Bartolo »

I only have tested for BBC Radio 3 and it works perfectly with correct times (in UTC = GMT)!
TV-Browser 4.2.2.96 RC1 - Java 11.0.10 OpenJDK 64-Bit - Windows 10 10.0 amd64
_
"Versuche nicht, ein großer Mann zu sein, sei einfach ein Mann!" (Zefram Cochrane)
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Jo, die Daten werden als id_uhrzeit:offset gespeichert. Das sind keine Sekunden, sondern Offset-Minuten, was da als letzte Zahl steht.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:Jo, die Daten werden als id_uhrzeit:offset gespeichert. Das sind keine Sekunden, sondern Offset-Minuten, was da als letzte Zahl steht.
Ist vielleicht etwas verwirrend, war aber aus Kompatibilitätsgründen vorteilhafter dort auch mit Doppelpunkt zu arbeiten.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Hm, das erklärt die ":60" in der Meldung, aber eigentlich sollte die Meldung ja gar nicht auftauchen. Und ich verstehe nicht, warum die Zeiten bei mir nicht stimmen. Neueste Nightly, "offzielles" Plugin von TVB-Homepage, Zeitzone auf Berlin, da sollte eigentlich auch bei mir "News at six" um sieben laufen.
briand

Beitrag von briand »

Hi,

I have downloaded the plugin & it shows up in the tvdata plugin list, but I cannot get it to work.
I only get the option to use either RadioTimes &/or BBC Backstage when updating the listings.
I am using the latest vers 3.0 on a Mac running OSX 10.6.4.
I have followed the instructions on downloading & copying the plugin to the Application Support tvdata plugin folder.
I would be grateful for guidance on what I need to do to get this plugin working.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Does the log say anything about the plugin ( http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/Activate_Logging )?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

briand hat geschrieben:I only get the option to use either RadioTimes &/or BBC Backstage when updating the listings.
Did you first add any channel of the new plugin to your listing in the settings?
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Jo hat geschrieben:
briand hat geschrieben:I only get the option to use either RadioTimes &/or BBC Backstage when updating the listings.
Did you first add any channel of the new plugin to your listing in the settings?
Exactly. You need to subscribe to the channels of the new plugin instead of or additionally to the Radiotimes/BBC backstage plugin.
briand

Beitrag von briand »

Thanks for your very prompt replies.

That was the problem - I needed to remove the BBC channels that had ceased updating from BBC Backstage & ensure that when I re added them that they were using the new plugin.

Everything is working fine now. All the BBC tv & radio stations listings are now updating correctly.

Many thanks for your help & for this very useful application.
Antworten