howto disable tv listings

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
TJMcK

howto disable tv listings

Beitrag von TJMcK »

Hi. I'm very impressed with TV-browser. Mostly, I've been able to modify it to my liking... since I live in Canada.

I have used the Schedules Direct plugin to import my tv listings. However, I don't have any need for all the other listing. Some appear to be downloaded through other plugins... but in the settings window there is no way to disable them.

I would find it very useful (and I would think it would speed up TV-browser update) if someone could tell me how to disable all the default (non-Canadian) tv listings?
Jo
Site Admin

Re: howto disable tv listings

Beitrag von Jo »

Schedules are only downloaded for channels you have added to your list. Maybe you have added some other channels accidentally (maybe some British and Canadian channels have the same name). You can see the source of the channels in the channel list in the settings when you place the mouse over a channel.
TJMcK

Beitrag von TJMcK »

So, are you saying that if I had installed TV-Broswer correctly then:
I should only see my Canadian channels in the "available channels" column, when I open Settings->General Settings->Channels (Currently I see channels from Australia, Sweden, Germany, UK, Croatia, Norway, and more -- hundreds of channels). If I installed TV-Browser incorrectly, how do I disable all these unnecessary channels?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

TV-Browser doesn't download schedules for these channels unless you add them to your channel list on the right in the settings. They are only displayed in the settings. But you can remove the plugins BBCDataService.jar and SweDBTvDataService.jar from your plugins directory. Then you won't be able to see some of the channels anymore. But it won't make the data update faster.
Antworten