TV Browser 3.1 Genre Plugin

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
leebloke

TV Browser 3.1 Genre Plugin

Beitrag von leebloke »

I have been using TV Browser 3.1 on Windows 7 64 bit, for the last couple of weeks and love it. One of the things I was using the most was the Genre plugin. It was great being able to see when Films where on as they had their own menu item. All of a sudden the Film menu has gone and all the films are listed in different menus for example comedy, drama, thriller, etc. Is the anyway of changing this back to how it used to work so I can easily see when all films are on all channels without having to know what kind of films they are.

Thanks,

Lee
Jo
Site Admin

Re: TV Browser 3.1 Genre Plugin

Beitrag von Jo »

There is a setting in the settings of the plugin to merge sub-genres. But it depends on the data source. If you use a source that puts only comedy, drama etc. in the genre field, then the plugin can only show it this way.
hamforth

Beitrag von hamforth »

I have the same problem, and some.

I was happy with the way I could see all [Film] in the Genre plugin - very handy to send the contents to markers etc. In the last few days the [Film] genre has disappeared. Also the 'ratings' function has ceased to present.

The sources I use is 'Radio Times' and BBC Data Service

I found it very handy to be able to see at a glance in the program table a 0-100 rating on a film. Saved a lot of time.

What has happened?

I have managed to find a work around the film genre (but partially only it seems) by setting up a filter for 'additional information' and choosing the 'movie' check box. This enables me to send items from filter view to other plugins - but a few 'non-films' are seeping through because it would seem 'additional information' is not all that accurate - Things are marked 'movie' when they are not. Genre was totally reliable.

Bring back the 'Film' genre please :wink:
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

If the data source now uses separate genres for films then that's it.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
gary

Beitrag von gary »

In order to view or highlight all Movies, Is it possible to filter or create a favourite based on the Format Information. eg If I look at the description, in the Format Information section, I see the Movie Icon and when I hover over it, I see "Movie". Is this information available anywhere to do a search on?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Yes, you can create a filter based on additional info "movie", and then a favourite with programs of this filter. But not all movies have this icon.
DennyL

Beitrag von DennyL »

The Film genre was very important to me because film is my main interest, and I've largely lost interest in TV-Browser now that it isn't a useful way of seeing what are the upcoming movies.

Can anyone say what has caused this change? Has there been a change of data source to one that doesn't use the Film genre, or has the present data source changed it genres, or what? I seem to have two data sources - BBC Data Service and Radio Times. When I go to the Radio Times Web site I see that there is a section 'Film On TV'. I'll use that in future.

I've noticed also that the quality and nature of the description of films has deteriorated. The description was better informed IMO, and the films were rated out of ten, which is now missing.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

DennyL hat geschrieben:The Film genre was very important to me because film is my main interest, and I've largely lost interest in TV-Browser now that it isn't a useful way of seeing what are the upcoming movies.
Jo hat geschrieben:Yes, you can create a filter based on additional info "movie", and then a favourite with programs of this filter. But not all movies have this icon.
DennyL hat geschrieben:Can anyone say what has caused this change? Has there been a change of data source to one that doesn't use the Film genre, or has the present data source changed it genres, or what?
Radiotimes changed the data.
Antworten