Could not start the program

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
robbiejena

Could not start the program

Beitrag von robbiejena »

I started it and it went to setup assistance...could not do anything in that page. So I closed that. Then the main page says you have not subscribed to any channels. But did not have a process to get the channels. So I gave up. The system does not go to a predetermined program where I can connect to whatever I want...I am in Louisiana, USA where I can get most Cable TV including ABC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox to start with....those are not there.

Someone needs to improve the program....
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Could not start the program

Beitrag von ds10 »

First TV-Browser is not a program to watch TV, only to make clear it is an electronic program guide.

Second if you've gone through the steps of the setup assistant you should have gotten a selection for data plugins, at that page you should have selected the data plugin SchedulesDirect (if you are located in North America it should be selected by default). Additionally you have to register at SchedulesDirect to get any data for your location.

TV-Browsers target is to be as easy as possible but the reading of the instructions can only be done by the user, nothing we can do about that. If you always just press Next >> without reading you will not get the results you've wanted.
schedules-direct.png
schedules-direct.png (47.04 KiB) 3314 mal betrachtet
nextstep.png
nextstep.png (52.57 KiB) 3314 mal betrachtet
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Antworten