SchedulesDirect: Missing New Episode Highlighting

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
bjohnson777

Re: SchedulesDirect: Missing New Episode Highlighting

Beitrag von bjohnson777 »

ds10 hat geschrieben:You are using the wrong filter component for "I don't want to see", it comes with it's own filter component. To use plugin filter component will not work because "I don't want to see" doesn't mark programs.
Thanks, that seems to have gotten it.

Any word when the SchedulesDirect "New" flag will be recognized? That's the last thing I'm missing.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

The new version of the plugin is now available.
Siggi

Beitrag von Siggi »

And Hudson won't build this plugin anymore. :-)

Perhaps you can fixe it.
mfg Siggi

PS: Wer Fehler findet, darf Sie behalten!!! :-)
bjohnson777

Jo: Thanks for the update, but it is having consistency problems due to the SchedulesDirect problems mentioned earlier.

Can you pre-filter the data?

I've been looking at FreeGuide. It will show some of the raw data and handles new programs correctly. I think something like this would work:
If year (with no date stamp) is less than CurrentYear, delete New flag.
If date stamp is less than Today-1, delete New flag. (allows for 24h repeat showings)
If date stamp is greater than or equal to Today, flag as New regardless of New status.
If RepeatOf date stamp is greater than or equal to Today-1, flag as New regardless of New status.
If Repeat Flag is set but date stamp is greater than or equal to Today-1, delete Repeat Flag.

As an example, I'm looking at the Smithsonian Channel for June 8. "Air Disasters: Grand Canyon" is a new episode but SchedulesDirect has it flagged as Repeat. There is no repeat date shown, but the date stamp is 20140608 (2 days ahead of this posting). The rules above should fix the "New Flag" problem and should be easy to implement.

Thanks for the help.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

I think these problems should rather be fixed by SchedulesDirect. If there is a movie from 2013 it still can be "new". And if they explicitly state that a program is a repetition I can't just say it's new. They have thousands of channels and if I change something to improve one channel it might break 100 others.
I removed the "new" flag from news programmes since I consider it obvious, but in general I make such "improvements" only if it is impossible to get the source change it and after testing of all affected channels to make sure there are no side effects.
bjohnson777

I opened a SchedulesDirect ticket, but I'm not hopeful of anything. Tribune is corporate and they don't care.

I don't see how simple filter rules would break 100 channels when the channels are already broken. Removing the New flag from news is far more of an issue since the 24h news channels often have repeats of a new program aired during the day. Removing the New flag essentially shadows the first showing.

Looking at a channel tonight setting my DVR's, a program is flagged as New but there is also a repeat date from 4 years ago. TVBrowser shows it as new but FreeGuide shows it correctly as a repeat. I mentioned this in the SD ticket.
bjohnson777

I got a reply back from SD. They seem to think Tribune issues are worse than we all think. For programmers, he recommended this link:

http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewt ... ?f=8&t=534

In short, the link talks about how the data is messy and programmers need to use their own judgement about how to filter New on their own.

Since SD is only a reseller, there isn't much they can do about the data.
Antworten