Favourites disappeared

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
keithy397
Favourites disappeared

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Hi,

As the subject says, opened TV-Browser and all selections are green, checked favourites and (apart from one that I included just now) they've all gone from the Favourites list???

Ideas please?
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Favourites disappeared

Beitrag von ds10 »

Seems the file with the favorites was destroyed. If you had old versions installed, you may find an old version of that file in %appdata%\TV-Browser\VERSION\java.favoritesplugin.FavoritesPlugin.dat. You can copy that to the current version to restore it to some extend.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Something strange has happened, all the old files do the same thing.

Anyway, on the bright side I can still see all the old favourites (even if they're not recognised in the fave file) so a little edit works to reinstate them. I'll be backing them up in future though.

Cheers,
Keith
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Could you please send me one of those old files, I'd like to check if somethings wrong with the loading of the file.
With Favorites gone you mean the list of Favorites on the left side of the Favorites tab or dialog or only the programs on the right side?
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Sorry for the delay, I was away for a week.

I can't provide you with the corrupted files as I overwrote them trying to recover the data.

I have now discovered a little 'quirk' - when I edit a Favourite program and change the channel or date etc., it leaves behind the Reminder and therefore the now defunct fave is still in the Program List?

Cheers,
Keith
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

keithy397 hat geschrieben:I have now discovered a little 'quirk' - when I edit a Favourite program and change the channel or date etc., it leaves behind the Reminder and therefore the now defunct fave is still in the Program List?
Sorry I don't get it, I read it five times, but I don't understand what you do and what the problem is.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Bild

As you can see in the screenshot, the green entry, Can't Pay etc. was a Fave (Orange), but I edited it and changed the Channel to Ch5 + 1 and it has moved to the 22.00 slot beneath, which was what I wanted. However, as you can see it has left behind the green entry I think, because it has a Reminder??

Weirdly, it went back ok. I think it is some kind of residual effect from my previous problems.....

Cheers,
Keith
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

keithy397 hat geschrieben:Weirdly, it went back ok. I think it is some kind of residual effect from my previous problems.....
That may be the case if your favorites are being destroyed you won't lose the reminders. And if you recreate the favorite it will not know that the reminder set for a program was from a favorite, so it won't remove the reminder.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Right ok, I'll delete whatever's left and create new favourites.

Thanks,
Keith
DaveH

Beitrag von DaveH »

I have had the same problem, and do not understand how the other user got access to their list.
I could attach my existing favourite list, but am not sure how to do that either...
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

GNTM-Benutzer

Beitrag von GNTM-Benutzer »

I post the question that i would like to know how to create a clear favourites.dat.
I "managed" with a few clicks on things like "remember" and "OK" to add a LOT of broadcasts to the favourites file. I now see hearts everywhere and it would be nice, but it now reminds me of seemingly every single show on TV-Browser.
I dont want to reinstall just now, so can someone get me a fresh FavoritesPlugin.dat or dat.old as they both seem to be filled completely...i run linux
Habe es geschafft meine Favouritesplugin.dat sehr stark zu fuellen, sehe ueberall Herzen und Uhren in der Programmliste und alle paar minuten erinnert mich tvbrowser ueber sendungen. weiss jemand wie ich meine Favouriten schonend loeschen kann, habe sie aus versehen hinzugefuegt.

greetings
GNTM-Benutzer

Beitrag von GNTM-Benutzer »

I managed my problem by clicking on the Heart in the upper line and opened the Window "Lieblingssendungen bearbeiten" (maybe manage favorites ) then i right clicked on the word with the * star * and everything changed for the better,

Thanks for the great program nthless
Antworten