Learning Plugins

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
skeeter7271

Learning Plugins

Beitrag von skeeter7271 »

Went to the Developers page to check out "Overview Plugin Development" and the "Tutorial: Development of Java Plugins" pages and it says I have to register to "edit" the pages. I do not want to edit anything, just check out how the plugins are developed. Non the less, I tried to register, but keep going around in circles with no way to register. It keeps sending me back to the main developers page which only goes to edit. How can I see how the plugins work? I don't want to edit anything.

Thanks

Murphy
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Learning Plugins

Beitrag von ds10 »

Sadly that means that there is no translation for the plugin development.

What type of plugin do you want to write?
1. A data plugin
2. A function plugin for the desktop version
3. A plugin for the Android app
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I'm looking to either write or adapt a function plugin for the desktop version. The marker plugin seems to be a one time marker for an episode or a program. I would like to "mark" certain series of tv shows that I record and then have an additional marker to mark the episodes I have already seen and/or recorded. Just thought if I could see the plugin code I could figure out how to make it more versatile for my particular use, or write one that would work for me. I don't necessarily want to upload it unless it turns out working well.

Does anyone know what code the plugins are written in or have an example I could look at?

Thanks
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Well I don't want to slow down your enthusiasm, but if you are searching for a function that will find programs automatically that would be the Favorite function of TV-Browser.

The source code of the most plugins you can find here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/tvbrowser/code ... r-plugins/
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Thanks for the info ds10. However I wasn't searching for a function that will find programs automatically. I am trying to mark the ones I have already seen and/or recorded as not to waste time or space with re-recording. If you use the "I don't want to see this" plugin, it removes the whole series from view, not just that particular episode. This is good for shows I would never watch. However, for shows I try to watch and/or record all episodes for i.e, Big Bang Theory. If I have recorded an episode and do not wish to record it again, there is no way to "mark" or remove that particular episode of the show. So each time I see the listings for Big Bang Theory, I have to try to remember if I have seen or recorded it already. If there was some way to "mark" that particular episode only as "seen", it would make my life much easier. Right now, I have an Excel spreadsheet to refer to, but it is getting too time consuming for just watching some tv shows.

example: Kitchen Nightmares... Mojito's... I have already seen this one so it would be nice to be able to "mark" this episode as "seen" whereas Kitchen Nightmares.... Mama Maria's I haven't seen. I can mark Kitchen Nightmares as favorites, so they will ALL show up in my guide, but then I have to manually keep track of the ones I have seen and not seen. I am looking for a marker or maybe adapt a marker that I can put on an episode to show me that I have already seen that episode.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

You can exclude episodes from the favorites after you've seen it, just open the context menu of the episode and select Favorites->Exclude from '... and select Wrong episode title and the episode won't be found for this favorite again.
Antworten