Syncing UK Channels From PC to Android

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Paul_608085

Syncing UK Channels From PC to Android

Beitrag von Paul_608085 »

Hi,
I am new to TV-Browser, so apologies if I have missed something obvious:
I was attracted to TV-Browser by the apparent ease of syncing the PC desktop, (I am using v3.4.3 for Linux) and Android, (I am using v0.6). I am building up my channel list on the PC OK, (mainly UK channels), but when I try to sync them I get the message "The following channel could not be synchronised, because the data plugins of that channel are not supported in the TV-Browser Android app" . It then lists every channel that I have added on the desktop followed by, "These channels are provided by the following data plugins: BBC Data Service (and) Radio Times".
Is there any way to get around this easily? If not easily, is it possible to copy the programme data info from the PC to the Android device manually. My plan was to use TV-Browser on a couple of Android Smart TV boxes which are permanently connected to the home network so this would not be too much of a pain if it is possible.
Can anyone advise please?
TIA
Paul
ds10
Site Admin
Re: Syncing UK Channels From PC to Android

Beitrag von ds10 »

The Android app simply doesn't support UK channels, so there is no way to get it for the Android app.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Paul_608085

Beitrag von Paul_608085 »

Is this a deliberate policy, or are UK channels likely to be available in future updates? (Time-scale?)

Is it a feature that I could add myself? I have never done any coding before, how would I go about it?
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Paul_608085 hat geschrieben:Is this a deliberate policy
Yes it is. We provide the data for the German channels ourself. All other channels are provided by a 3rd party and it might stop to be provided, so we have no control whatsoever. The Android app also is officially not available for UK at Google Play.
Paul_608085 hat geschrieben:Is it a feature that I could add myself? I have never done any coding before, how would I go about it?
No you can't. The Android app will be targeted at countries we can provide the data for without the usage of 3rd party data.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Antworten