How to load new Schedules Direct UK data

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Jasper

How to load new Schedules Direct UK data

Beitrag von Jasper »

The Schedules Direct (SD) datastream that TV-Browser used for the UK has now been withdrawn. According to SD alternatives exist. Does anyone know how to persuade TV-Browser to find and use them?
Jo
Site Admin

Re: How to load new Schedules Direct UK data

Beitrag von Jo »

In the plugin's settings press button "load Json lists" and then enter your country and zip code.
Jasper

Beitrag von Jasper »

Thanks for this, I hadn't noticed the buttons I needed. It was a real struggle nonetheless. I'm running an iMac with OS 10.12.6 and Java 8 update 151. I followed your instructions but my machine kept telling me "Error registering lineup! {Exceeded number of lineups for this account.]" or "Error registering lineup! {Lineup already in account]" and hence refusing to load the data that I wanted.

In frustration I tried on my wife's Mac which had TV-Browser 3 installed which I updated to 4. This had no greater success except that it did pick up the BBC World News channel that is provided by the TV-Browser team.

As a last resort I went back to the first iMac where I deleted all the TV-Browser files that my uninstall app could find, rebooted, downloaded TV-Browser and reinstalled it. This clean install seemed to the trick so thanks again.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

SchedulesDirect only allows a certain amount of lineups. But if it accepts the lineup you should be able to reload the channels in the channel's settings. Sometimes it seems to be necessary to restart TV-Browser once because something hangs. But reinstalling TV-Browser or deleting all settings should never be necessary.
Antworten