Chinese translation in progress

You want to help in translating of TV-Browser / the Help aka Wiki / the Webpage ?
Antworten
efiree

Chinese translation in progress

Beitrag von efiree »

I am now doing the Chinese translation for user interface. And part of the task is completed. Here I have two questions to identify:
1.The trainslation finally generates a zip file containing the tvbrowser and util folders. How can I apply it in the TV-Browser running in another computer?
2. In the trainslation process, what does the {N} means (N is a number). Eg. : Storing file '{0}' failed.
The zip file is contained in the attachment. If it goes well or has some problems, please tell me. I will be very appreciated for your help and managed to solve this.

Cheers!
Dateianhänge
Chinese_trans.zip
part of ui translation in Chinese (still in progress)
(14.32 KiB) 1248-mal heruntergeladen
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Chinese translation in progress

Beitrag von Jo »

efiree hat geschrieben:1.The trainslation finally generates a zip file containing the tvbrowser and util folders. How can I apply it in the TV-Browser running in another computer?
You have to copy the content into the dir "TV-Browser\settings\2.7.3\lang"
efiree hat geschrieben:2. In the trainslation process, what does the {N} means (N is a number). Eg. : Storing file '{0}' failed.
TV-Browser will replace them with the real names. You have to add these numbers in the translation too.
efiree hat geschrieben:The zip file is contained in the attachment. If it goes well or has some problems, please tell me. I will be very appreciated for your help and managed to solve this.
I don't know Chinese, but the things you translated look okay. It seems to work :-)
efiree

Beitrag von efiree »

Jo hat geschrieben:
efiree hat geschrieben:1.The trainslation finally generates a zip file containing the tvbrowser and util folders. How can I apply it in the TV-Browser running in another computer?
You have to copy the content into the dir "TV-Browser\settings\2.7.3\lang"
efiree hat geschrieben:2. In the trainslation process, what does the {N} means (N is a number). Eg. : Storing file '{0}' failed.
TV-Browser will replace them with the real names. You have to add these numbers in the translation too.
efiree hat geschrieben:The zip file is contained in the attachment. If it goes well or has some problems, please tell me. I will be very appreciated for your help and managed to solve this.
I don't know Chinese, but the things you translated look okay. It seems to work :-)
Thanks for you feedback!!! Then i will continue the work.... Have a great day... :D :D :D
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Just an addition: {0}, {1} and so on are placeholders for values which are added at runtime (file names, channel names, or whatever). You need to use the same numbers in your translation, but you can use them in another order. So if an English message reads:

Code: Alles auswählen

Channel {0} has {1} programs.
{0} will be filled with the channel name and {1} will be filled with the number of programs. You can reorder that in your translation. So if you used this

Code: Alles auswählen

There are {1} programs for channel {0}.
the message would still be correct, although {1} now comes first.
lyzahundley

Beitrag von lyzahundley »

Hooray for chinese translation.
Antworten