BBC listings - can't download via plug-in

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
astage

BBC listings - can't download via plug-in

Beitrag von astage »

In the past I've successfully used TV-Browser with the BBC plug-in (BbcBackstageDataService). But upon starting tonight couldn't download any BBC listings. I tried removing v.2.5.2, installed 2.5.3 along with the plug-ins again, but got the same result at each update attempt. Listing for non-BBC UK and European channels are fine.
Has there beeen another change of the BBC web-site that has defeated the plug-in?

The error I get at each attempt is as follows:

Couldn't download the program for the whole time!

----- Start of stacktrace -----
util.exc.TvBrowserException: Problems while Parsing the Data.
at bbcbackstagedataservice.BbcBackstageDataService.updateTvData(BbcBackstageDataService.java:307)
at tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.updateTvData(DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.java:76)
at tvbrowser.core.TvDataUpdater.downloadTvData(TvDataUpdater.java:171)
at tvbrowser.ui.mainframe.MainFrame$14.run(MainFrame.java:1126)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at bbcbackstagedataservice.BbcFileParser.analyseFile(BbcFileParser.java:184)
at bbcbackstagedataservice.BbcFileParser.parseFile(BbcFileParser.java:98)
at bbcbackstagedataservice.BbcBackstageDataService.updateTvData(BbcBackstageDataService.java:305)
... 3 more

Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at bbcbackstagedataservice.BbcFileParser.analyseFile(BbcFileParser.java:184)
at bbcbackstagedataservice.BbcFileParser.parseFile(BbcFileParser.java:98)
at bbcbackstagedataservice.BbcBackstageDataService.updateTvData(BbcBackstageDataService.java:305)
at tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.updateTvData(DeprecatedTvDataServiceProxy.java:76)
at tvbrowser.core.TvDataUpdater.downloadTvData(TvDataUpdater.java:171)
at tvbrowser.ui.mainframe.MainFrame$14.run(MainFrame.java:1126)
----- End of stacktrace -----
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

I'm just updating the plugin code. Expect a new plugin version today...
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

new plugin version is available now
astage

Beitrag von astage »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:new plugin version is available now
WoW! That's service!

Many thanks for the speedy response!
astage

Beitrag von astage »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:new plugin version is available now
Sorry to report that the fix doesn't quite seem perfect. The listing for BBC ONE did come down, but not for BBC TWO, THREE, FOUR.
However, the problem may be elsewhere, since the Radio Times listings for the ITV, Channel 4, and others are also problematic.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

astage hat geschrieben:Sorry to report that the fix doesn't quite seem perfect. The listing for BBC ONE did come down, but not for BBC TWO, THREE, FOUR.
However, the problem may be elsewhere, since the Radio Times listings for the ITV, Channel 4, and others are also problematic.
I'll check that. As I only use German channels, I have only subscribed to 2 channels per additional data service and those happened to work fine after my changes of yesterday.

You can help me to get more information about the problem. Please see http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/Activate_Logging for how to activate logging with TV-Browser. Then please try to reprduce the problem and send me a copy of the log.

And what exactly doesn't work with Radio Times? Is the RadioTimes website buggy or do you mean that the RadioTimes data service in TV-Browser happens to have problems with your reported channels?
astage

Beitrag von astage »

[quote=....And what exactly doesn't work with Radio Times?[/quote]
This part was fixed by removing and re-installing TV-Browser and plug-ins.
I'll put the log into a PM to you.
Thanks for the help.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

I found a more serious bug this time, so it took me longer to fix it. I tested this new version with downloading 1 week of data for about 10 channels.

Ciao, Michael.
astage

Beitrag von astage »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:I found a more serious bug this time, so it took me longer to fix it. I tested this new version with downloading 1 week of data for about 10 channels.

Ciao, Michael.
Danke. Jetzt lauft alles.
Antworten