Dutch channels

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Mgm

Dutch channels

Beitrag von Mgm »

What's the current status on Dutch channels?
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

The channels Nederland 1, 2 and 3 cannot be added without paying (They wrote: "Since you explicitly state that you are not willing to pay for the data, I’m afraid that we can not come to an agreement for delivery.") So it's not possible for TV-Browser to offer the most important channels. That makes it less interesting. The users would have to use additional sources.
Zuletzt geändert von Jo am 13 Mai 2007, 23:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mgm

Beitrag von Mgm »

So they offer a whole bunch of programs for free online and they make a problem of a tv guide wishing to use their listings? That sucks...
Where should I go to look into creating additional channels for the other Dutch channels. It may not be interesting for you, but I'm certainly interested because Dutch TV is what I watch most.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Mgm, you should direct your complaints to them. Maybe they can be convinced if there are enough people complaining...
piemel

What??

Beitrag von piemel »

What??? Unbelievable! Such a noble idea to put up a TV Browser.. but then you purposely leave out the most important stuff?? That's like holding up a sausuge to a dog, then telling him he can't have it... That's trying to squeeze some cash out of something that should have been opensource... i bet this is exactly why i never heard of it.. and why it won't be a succes.
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

@piemel
I think you got it wrong. We don't want to have any money for TV-Browser and it's data, it's the Dutch channels itself that won't give the data to us without any payment.

PS: TV-Browser is already successful, even if you didn't hear about it until now.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

ds10 hat geschrieben:@piemel
I think you got it wrong.
Yes, absolutely. I changed my text above to make it clearer, that it was Publieke Omroep who wrote that the TV-guides have to pay if they want to provide the channels.
tinker

Beitrag von tinker »

Ned 1, 2 and 3 are only 3 of about 35 senders in Nederland, you never explained to Mgm how we can get listings of (some) of the other channels.

I like to watch quite a lot of the Dutch channels but rarely watch 1,2 or 3 anyway. I will in any case write to them stating I am boycotting them until they make their listings freely available.
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

You can add channels by yourself using our tutorial.

The tutorial can be found here.

http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/T ... s_Tutorial
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

This seems to be a tutorial for adding a list of programs to a public website, which I do not have access to and Iif I did I could not use without permission of the list owners which is the whole point of this thread.

In any case I am unable to understand the tutorial, I have tried to follow the instructions and the whole thing fails at the first step. I have read further and find it will fail again later as my ISP has blocked ftp access even if I had a mirror site, and I still not know where to obtain the Dutch lists to add.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

There are no Dutch lists. But you can add channels by writing to the stations, get their permissions, get the program data from them and write a tool to convert it.
Partially explained here.
Bananeweizen
Site Admin

Beitrag von Bananeweizen »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:I did I could not use without permission of the list owners which is the whole point of this thread.
If you want to use the data without permission, then please just go away and don't hope for any further support from us. As we want our work to be respected by others, we also respect the work of those and we clearly don't support any illegal activities with the TV-Browser project.

BTW: Asking for permission is so easy and the channels will probably allow you to use their data if you can clearly state why and what for you want to use the data.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Bananeweizen hat geschrieben:If you want to use the data without permission, then please just go away and don't hope for any further support from us.
Oh yes! I didn't read the posting properly. We do not support any illegal actions.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I was not suggesting doing anything illegal, it was stated previously that Ned 1, 2 and 3 would not give permission without a fee and I was looking for a way to get the program listings of the other channels, the ones with no problems, listed.

I will not get into the whole legal/ illegal debate that is pursued in other threads with regard to data in the public domain but reiterate the plan was to get the Dutch channels that gave their permission listed and leave out the ones that wanted paying before they agreed. Though I would like to add these to my own personal listings if possible, that is not shared on a public server, just viewable by me.

The whole point is somewhat academic now, there are so many problems with TV-Browser that I will probably dump it anyway. All UK channels seem to have disappeared again (not your problem I know but it does affect your service), BBC radio times were always 1 hour out and you have never been able to display Premier Sport Portal correctly (even Premier can't manage to do it either). So if I have to go to several sites to get info that is not available from TV-Browser then I might as well use the online lists provided exclusively, eurotv, radiotimes and premier cover 90% of my requirements for program info.

@Bananeweizen I do not like your rude remarks, you have obviously not read the earlier posts in this thread and then start making false accusations at me. You do NOT have my respect.

@Jo If you look back at your first post in this thread, it was you that stated the lack of cooperation of Ned 1, 2 and 3 and implication that the other channels would not be a problem. Though nothing has been done about providing these lists by anyone who knows what they are doing.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Anonymous hat geschrieben: @Jo If you look back at your first post in this thread, it was you that stated the lack of cooperation of Ned 1, 2 and 3 and implication that the other channels would not be a problem. Though nothing has been done about providing these lists by anyone who knows what they are doing.
I prefer if people who offer data for a country also know the country and the stations. TV-Browser has only very few data providers and nobody comes from the Netherlands. No one of the providers or developers of TV-Browser would realize if something with the data is wrong, because they all don't get the channels.
So if people from the Netherlands want their channels, it is much better if they find a data provider from the Netherlands or with access to these channels. And this could also be you for example.
Antworten