Radio Times Feed - No Future Updates.

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
colin1951uk

Radio Times Feed - No Future Updates.

Beitrag von colin1951uk »

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that the Radio Times feed (http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat) will not be updated with new channels in the future.

It will stay as it is for as long as Radio Times supply the data for free but as and when new channels appear they will not be added to the list.

I have been trying to get the channel Movie Mix (which is now a part of the schedule for what we call Freeview here in the UK) added to the list but the owner has told me that he considers the xmltv list as more or less redundant and as such will not make anymore additions to it.

Radio Times passed the list over to a company called MetaBroadcast for maintenance and updating just over a year ago and that company has been using it in a professional subscription based api application that they have and continue to develop (they aslo use additional feeds from other UK sources.) The development of their product has got to a stage where xml is now considered outdated and hence they don't want to spend their time making much use of it anymore.

From a personal point of view I have managed to get Movie Mix added to the Radio Times webpage (it can be accessed via the Show More button under the My Channels selection) with the help of the editor but he has no say in the xmltv listing unfortunately.

I'm disappointed about this and am not sure if there is a way forward with the Radio Times listings now.

But there it is and I just bring to everyones attention and possible discussion should anyone have any thoughts on this development.

Colin
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Radio Times Feed - No Future Updates.

Beitrag von Jo »

They did make changes in their channellist only a few days ago: http://www.tvbrowser.org/en/senderliste ... nu-34.html . But not the one you want.
colin1951uk

Re: Radio Times Feed - No Future Updates.

Beitrag von colin1951uk »

Hi Jo,

I think you'll find the channels you indicate must have been added ages ago as I haven't noticed any updates recently (unless they slipped in unforeseen.)

As it was told to me the last channel that was added to the xmltv feed was the Sony channel Movies 24 and that was done during the early part of last July and since then the feed has only been maintained and not updated with any new channels. It maybe the man from MetaBroadcast got it wrong but that's what was put to me.

I'm just wondering if I can write my own grabber and am looking at the TV-Browser tutorial documentation guide on how to do it. I'm no java expert but if I can I'll have a go as it would now appear to be only option to get at any future channels.

Cheers...Colin
Antworten