Schedules Direct plugin outside North America

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Damstas

Schedules Direct plugin outside North America

Beitrag von Damstas »

Hi!

When trying to set up Schedules Direct as the source, I get the message: Found 0 channels.
I assume this is because you can't add lineup on the Schedules Direct website if you live outside North America.
How would I get this working?
Jo
Site Admin

Re: Schedules Direct plugin outside North America

Beitrag von Jo »

Are you sure you can't add a lineup there? This is necessary to be able to see the channels in TV-Browser. But if it doesn't work on their website it is an issue of SchedulesDirect.
Damstas

Beitrag von Damstas »

Hi.

It's not possible atleast in Europe to add a lineup in the Schedules Direct website, because it doesn't currently support it. I think they are adding the feature in the future.
Currently softwares get a lineup info and you can select it. You can check out NPVR and Emby, as they both have that feature.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

You can only see the schedules of North American programs. Thus you need to add a US or Canadian postal code. But then you should be able to add channels of this city to your lineup.
rkulagow

Beitrag von rkulagow »

I work for Schedules Direct.

We have two service offerings: XML and JSON.

XML is U.S. and Canada. With the JSON service we have data for:

Region:North America
United States
Canada

Region:Europe
Austria
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Great Britain
Italy
Norway
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland

Region:Latin America
Argentina
Belize
Brazil
Chile
Columbia
Costa Rica
Ecuador
Guatemala
Guyana
Honduras
Mexico
Panama
Peru
Uruguay
Venezuela

Region:Caribbean
Anguila
Antigua/Barbuda
Aruba
Bahamas
Barbados
Bermuda
Bonaire, Saba, St. Eustatius
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Curaçao
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Grenada
Jamaica
Puerto Rico
Saint Martin
Saint Vincent / Grenadines
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Lucia
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos

Region:ZZZ
DVB Satellite - Astra 19.2E

The API for the JSON service is described at our wiki at github, which I can't link to here because I'm a guest user.

Features:

The JSON service has between 14 and 30 days of data for most stations.
The program data has embedded season/episode information, and offers other rich metadata including images, headshots, DVD coverart, etc.
The service uses a delta algorithm; the client/grabber can easily determine if something has changed, so if you've downloaded 30 days of data, and only the schedule for station "7.1" has changed on your next run, and it's only changed 13 days from today, then your client knows that it only needs to download that one day for that one station. The same goes for programs; if the same program is repeated 10 times in the next 30 days, your grabber only has to download it once. If a program later gets updated, then the MD5 will be different for the program, so your grabber only needs to download it once.
Lineup information is the same; your client will know if a lineup channel mapping has changed and can prompt the user to automatically use the new lineup, or offer a diff.

I don't know if TV Browser has a plugin for the JSON service; I don't believe that any developer has contacted me yet. I can be reached at rkulagow @ gmail . com
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Okay. The TV-Browser plugin uses Xml only. The library is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtvdclient/. Unfortunately there is no active development at the moment. Someone would have to rewrite the code to be able to use JSON and the additional countries.
The current SchedulesDirect plugin for TV-Browser is for U.S. and Canada channels only.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

And to make it absolutely clear, nobody on our side will develop such a plugin. It has to be done by someone else, who will also have to do the support without our help. That is exactly what TV-Browser was meant for, in the past we simply had done too much for providing data outside our full control (which means, all data comes directly from the channels and not from a 3rd party).

The plugin interface allows to provide data without our involvement.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
NASCAR Guest

Beitrag von NASCAR Guest »

Hi

i dont undestand how to get canadian chanels in to the tv browser.
can somebody help me?

greatings
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

See http://enwiki.tvbrowser.org/index.php/SchedulesDirect . If you have subscription and the plugin, use the plugin's settings to load a JSON lineup for your country and ZIP code.
NASCAR Guest

Beitrag von NASCAR Guest »

hi

is it posibel, to get gratis data?
or get you only some to pay?

greatings
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

NASCAR Guest hat geschrieben:is it posibel, to get gratis data?
It's not.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Antworten