UK channels (Radiotimes) / Schedules Direct

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Jo
Site Admin

Re: UK channels (Radiotimes) / Schedules Direct

Beitrag von Jo »

As I wrote above, the text "To Be Announced" comes from Schedules Direct, so if the plugin generally does update, but these messages stay, then it shouldn't be the plugin's fault. I got the same message as you on Channel 5 (and also on "True Crime").
colin1951uk

Beitrag von colin1951uk »

Ok Joe,

Must admit I didn't notice the "To Be Announced" in the data, my eyes just saw blank spaces :)

I don't bother with True Crime so wouldn't have noticed anything there.

This is what I mean about the quality of Schedules Direct data, it's poor compared to what we were used to.

I'm beginning to think DigiGuide might be a better alternative as at least their data is good even though I don't like the look of the thing.

Anyway I've put a shout out on the SD forums so lets see if they can fix things their end.

Cheers...Colin
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

I added a new version with quality ratings, parental ratings and episode/season numbers.
colin1951uk

New version looks good Joe.

Any chance you can get at the Film Ratings that I mentioned before, it is in the data as I've seen it?

Note: Channel 5+24 data is lacking in depth this morning, I'm having serious doubts about Schedules Direct now.

Cheers...Colin.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

As I mentioned above, film ratings are added.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

colin1951uk hat geschrieben:Note: Channel 5+24 data is lacking in depth this morning,
Channel 5+24 has Teleshopping this morning. I don't see a difference to other data.
colin1951uk

Jo hat geschrieben:As I mentioned above, film ratings are added
I do apologize (again!) for not spotting them, I see them now.

I would guess then that you can't add much more as the data doesn't include much else (from what I've seen anyway.)
Jo hat geschrieben:Channel 5+24 has Teleshopping this morning. I don't see a difference to other data.
When I said it's lacking in depth this mornings grab goes up to the 24th for me so it's pretty useless from that point of view. The data is very unreliable from what I'm seeing BUT as Schedules Direct will be getting a lot of new overseas subscribers now they may all help to iron out the problems with the json service. That's my hope anyway.

Thanks for the work on the plug-in.

Cheers...Colin
Squidley

Beitrag von Squidley »

Hi

I have just tried to switch to Schedules direct but I'm having a problem finding channels

I have setup an account on schedules direct which has given me free trial period until 1st July 2016 and I am logged in to their website

I have also downloaded the plugin within TVB
schedules direct 4.0.1.1 beta
Loads data from schedulesdirect.org. Uses sdjson-api and sdjson-grabber from github.comslugger
I have entered the user name and password I set up on their website.
Data source json
The json lineups box is blank

When I try to update channel list it has deleted all my current channels
The pop up box shows that it is searching schedules direct and finds nearly 3,000 channels but after update is complete my available channel list only shows mainly BBC or radio channels there is no itv channel 4 or 5 no sky channels like movies, documentaries, atlantic fox etc.
Plugin on the channels box is set to all plugins when i change it to schedules direct it says - no channels found. Please change the filter settings to display channels.

The channels that show in the available channel list only show when i set the plugin to all plugins or BBC data service do the channels i mentioned show up so I assume the channels I'm getting are from BBC data service and nothing from schedules direct.

What can I do to make this work with Schedules Direct so that I can get all the UK channels back

Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Squidley hat geschrieben:The json lineups box is blank
You have to add a lineup first if you haven't already done it with some other program. Select country and zip code and choose one of the then displayed lineups.
Squidley

Beitrag von Squidley »

Thanks Jo

I just tried this but it made no difference I still only see the same channels and when I select schedules direct plugin it still shows there are no channels to display

I selected BSkyB - England

Then tried two others BSkyB - United Kingdom
and Freest - England
I got the following message in a popup box

Error registering lineup! [Lineup already in account]

I tried canceling the error message and updating channels but doesn't make any difference.
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Try restarting TV-Browser. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly.
Squidley

Beitrag von Squidley »

Just tried that then tried restarting computer nothing makes any difference. The search box does show a lot of channels being found over 4,000 but not showing up in available channels just the ones from the BBC
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Are there now lineups displayed and checked in the Plugin settings?
Squidley

Beitrag von Squidley »

Yes - in the line ups box it shows

BskyB - United Kingdom (GBR-0001505-DEFAULT)

In the plugins main tab the Schedulesdirect 4.0.1.1 beta - box is ticked

It also shows up on the schedules direct website

Select Postal Code Location Name Type
GBR GBR-0001505-DEFAULT SD-JSON
Other (please specify below)
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

All channels are Country "US", because they don't send country information. So in the channel settings you have to activate "all countries" (or US).
Antworten