Schedules Direct & Java problems

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
keithy397
Re: Schedules Direct & Java problems

Beitrag von keithy397 »

I don't know what's going on but I've now lost all my programs and the top and bottom toolbars are hiding (until I mouseover) without me setting them to respond that way.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,
Keith
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Sounds like you activated the fullscreen mode, just press F11 and TV-Browser will go back to window mode.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Doh! What a wally....

I don't understand why there is no prog info at all. Do you think contacting SD might be a rememdy or you can you spot my deliberate mistake :oops: again!

Cheers,
Keith
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Do you have some German channels (EPGfree plugin) added? Maybe do this to test if there is everything ok. If they are also gone, then there is something wrong with the installation in general.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

I removed the SD plugin and selected a few channels and they loaded fine. I reinstalled SD and started selecting channels tentatively by letter.... A, B, C, everytthing was going well until I got to D!! Nothing wants to load now. How weird is this?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Cheers,
Keith
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

I was bored and pressing update over and over again and they've all loaded ok it appears! Maybe the SD can't release all it's data in one fell swoop?

Anyway, it seems I'm good to go now....

Cheers,
Keith
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

How many channels have you added? It may take some time to load and process the data.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

About 25, but that's a guess, I'm not home at the moment.

[ Post made via Android ] Bild
rkulagow

Beitrag von rkulagow »

I don't know the internals of the plugin, but there are very few restrictions on the data at Schedules Direct, other than each request for data has to be fewer than 5000 entries. Once you've synced the initial data and built a local cache (in 5K chunks), there are typically only a few hundred programs per update that have changed so after the initial "slow" load, subsequent data pulls are much faster because the grabber should only be downloading new / updated programs and schedules.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

rkulagow hat geschrieben:I don't know the internals of the plugin, but there are very few restrictions on the data at Schedules Direct, other than each request for data has to be fewer than 5000 entries. Once you've synced the initial data and built a local cache (in 5K chunks), there are typically only a few hundred programs per update that have changed so after the initial "slow" load, subsequent data pulls are much faster because the grabber should only be downloading new / updated programs and schedules.
As I said previously rkulagow, with constant updating - 10 channels then 12, then 15 right up to a full house for 2 days then 3 etc building up to 2 weeks (I like to look ahead) - all Channels now appear to be loaded and up to date. It appears I may have been asking too much of the data provider.

I hope I can now say (without fear of prompting a crash or some other Gremlin) thank you all for putting up with me and helping me get TV-B up and running again.

Cheers,
Keith
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

I am able to download the schedules of more than 20 channels at once, so this is not a general problem of the plugin or Schedules Direct.
keithy397

Beitrag von keithy397 »

Is that from a clean slate to a fully loaded schedule for 2 weeks Jo? Now I have everything up and running, this mornings update was a doddle.... :D
Antworten