TV-Browser folders

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
pvc202

TV-Browser folders

Beitrag von pvc202 »

TV-Browser uses default directory:
C:\Users\Palle\AppData\Roaming\TV-Browser

But I have in options defined another directory:
J:\Video\TV-Browser
which are identical.

Why can't I just use the new one, TV-browser insists on using C-drive.
If I rename the directory on C-drive it is recreated next time I start TV-Browser.

Rgds Palle
ds10
Site Admin
Re: TV-Browser folders

Beitrag von ds10 »

The settings are always stored in the users profile directory. You can only change the data directory in the settings of TV-Browser. If you don't want to use the users profile direcotry at all, I would suggest that you use the transportable version of TV-Browser and extract it to the preferred drive and directory. The transportable version will save all settings and data in the settings directory directly inside of the TV-Browser directory.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
pvc202

Beitrag von pvc202 »

The directory on C-drive is just a Shortcut.

Rgds Palle
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

I don't use Windows but a shortcut cannot be used as a directory. If you want to use another directory instead of the users appdata directory you'll need to create a symlink to the target with the mklink command. TV-Browser is only doing what it has to do to store it's settings in the user settings directory. How the underlying file system is handling the used Java commands is entirely up to the file system itself. So if your shortcut is replaced with an actual directory Windows handles it that way, when Java want's to store files there. If the directory is a symlink Windows would have to respect the target and store the files there.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Antworten