TV-Browser 4.2.3 TOOLS --> Reminders->Show Current reminder list has NO ENTRIES.

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
Bonzadog

TV-Browser 4.2.3 TOOLS --> Reminders->Show Current reminder list has NO ENTRIES.

Beitrag von Bonzadog »

TV Browser Version: 4.2.3

Platform: Windows 10 10.0
System: amd64

Java Version: 11.0.13
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Eclipse Adoptium C:\Program Files\TV-Browser\java

Win 10 Pro PC, NordVPN, Kaspersky Total security

When I select "tools" and reminders there is no entry in the list of the reminders, BUT show/edit reminders is correct.

I would lke to see a print function here, so one can print the TV programmes one wishes to see.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bonzadog.
ds10
Site Admin
Re: TV-Browser 4.2.3 TOOLS --> Reminders->Show Current reminder list has NO ENTRIES.

Beitrag von ds10 »

Current reminders has no entries, as long as there are no currently active reminders (programs that have reached the time you wanted to be reminded).
To see all programs you want to be reminded for, you either look at the tab Reminders or in the show/edit dialog.

To print programs you can use the Print Plugin.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
Bonzadog

Re: TV-Browser 4.2.3 TOOLS --> Reminders->Show Current reminder list has NO ENTRIES.

Beitrag von Bonzadog »

ds10 hat geschrieben: 29 Nov 2021, 10:38 Current reminders has no entries, as long as there are no currently active reminders (programs that have reached the time you wanted to be reminded).
To see all programs you want to be reminded for, you either look at the tab Reminders or in the show/edit dialog.

To print programs you can use the Print Plugin.
Thank you for your reply.

But all my reminders are in the future . ie Time now 10:51 - all reminders are after 17:30 today.

I have installed "print 3.2.0.9" which is a beta product. So I hope it worksreasonabgly ok.

Many thanks fpr you assistance.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Bonzadog hat geschrieben: 29 Nov 2021, 10:57But all my reminders are in the future . ie Time now 10:51 - all reminders are after 17:30 today.
Yes and that's the reason why you will find them in current reminders list (which will pop up), when the reminder time is reached. When I remember correctly that is 5 minutes before the program starts if you are using the default setting.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Bonzadog

Beitrag von Bonzadog »

ds10 hat geschrieben: 29 Nov 2021, 11:16
Bonzadog hat geschrieben: 29 Nov 2021, 10:57But all my reminders are in the future . ie Time now 10:51 - all reminders are after 17:30 today.
Yes and that's the reason why you will find them in current reminders list (which will pop up), when the reminder time is reached. When I remember correctly that is 5 minutes before the program starts if you are using the default setting.
This seems to rather impractible. Surely if I want to see my reminder this function "show current reminders" must show them....I can use the show/edit function to see them.

May I suggest a change of the show current reminders to show all reminder set - time independantly.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

No, if you want to see your reminders, you can just open the dialog or look at the tab in the main window. Alternatively you can see your reminders in the tree view. It would be completely useless to provide another dialog that does exactly the same. The concept of a reminder is to remind you, when a program is due at the time you selected to be reminded. This was always the case for the TV-Browser reminder and will be in the future.
Bonzadog

Beitrag von Bonzadog »

ds10 hat geschrieben: 29 Nov 2021, 12:49 No, if you want to see your reminders, you can just open the dialog or look at the tab in the main window. Alternatively you can see your reminders in the tree view. It would be completely useless to provide another dialog that does exactly the same. The concept of a reminder is to remind you, when a program is due at the time you selected to be reminded. This was always the case for the TV-Browser reminder and will be in the future.
I want to be able print the reminders....not simply look at them thereby having a written selection of what i want to see without the computer being on.
If you have a "show reminders" then let the programme do exactly that.

At the moment I am experience some problem with the Print ( not printing) and copy to email (not all are copied - abou the half of the selections.) .
However I'll need to re-check all those Configurations and test further before I send another topic.
ds10
Site Admin

Beitrag von ds10 »

Bonzadog hat geschrieben: 29 Nov 2021, 13:01If you have a "show reminders" then let the programme do exactly that.
Well you've quoted it many times: "show/edit reminders", that is exactly the function you want to have. Show current reminder list is obviously a different function or it wouldn't be called current, reminders are current after they had reached their reminder time, that means programs you have been reminded to.

So where is the problem?

You want to see your reminders, so just open the tab (that would be a simple left click on the tab header in the main window) or the dialog that shows it to you. You want to print them, again open the tab and then send them to the print plugin with the button that lets you send programs to other plugins, or right click the reminder entry in the tree view and export the programs to the print plugin. Then open the print plugin and print the programs.
Antworten