2.7 North American Listings 5 Hours Out

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Gesperrt
Douglas

2.7 North American Listings 5 Hours Out

Beitrag von Douglas »

Greetings from Canada.........
I am trying your program..and must say it is very impressive looking, to say the least, obviously a great deal of time and effort has been put into it's development.

I am using the SchedulesDirect plugin to get my listings from that agency, and all the programs and information appear to be properly downing and opening in the program. The listings however appear 5 hours behind what they should actually be shown at.

My computer is set correctly, and also the internal configuration of TV Browser is set for Canada/Pacific time, which is also correct.

When I change the computer time to 5 hours ahead of what it should be, the listings are correct in the program. When I change the time zone within the TV Browser internal settings, the schedule is even further out.

Any and all suggestions will be followed up.
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

That's strange. Do you use the newest version of tvbrowser? It should deliver a schedules direct plugin that should work correctly with your time zone.
Douglas

Beitrag von Douglas »

Believe so.. just downloaded it yesterday from your website.

Version: 2.7

Platform:
Windows Vista 6.0
System:
x86

Java Version:
1.6.0_07
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Sun Microsystems Inc. C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07

Timezone:
Pacific Standard Time (8 hours)
bodo
Site Admin
Beitrag von bodo »

That's bad. I have to investigate it on the weekend. Meenwhile you could try to manipulate the Timezone in the tvbrowser settings in the opposite direction.
Douglas

Beitrag von Douglas »

As per your request.....I set out and got most of the schedules to appear at their proper times by selecting the "Etc/GMT-10" tab. This of course set the "now" time button out of sync. The few channels that were being displayed correctly, are of course totally out of sync now. Most do display the correct show times.

The Channel numbers are also not being displayed, which would help immensely for sorting informaiton.

Check with Schedules Direct, and the feed for my user name-location-channel list is being supplied correctly.

Hope this helps, if you need anything more let me know.
Douglas

Beitrag von Douglas »

To further add to the confusion, everytime I update my data within the program, it throws the listings once again out, by what appears to be eighthours. You then have to go into the TV-Browser configuration, and modify the settings once again.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I too, have had this problem for months now. I though I was the only one. Thats what kept me from using TV Browser

Version: 2.7

Platform:
Windows XP 5.1
System:
x86

Java Version:
1.6.0_02
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Sun Microsystems Inc. C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02

Timezone:
Eastern Standard Time (5 hours)

Doug
Gast

Similar issue.

Beitrag von Gast »

I have the problem to I am using the Schedules Direct and I am in CST in the US and it appears that all listings are off by 4 hrs ie a program that actually begins at 8AM is listed as starting at 12PM Noon. Ia m using version 2.7 English language . And the time is set to Central Standrd 6 hours. I tested with both the 12hr and 24 hr to see if it would make a diffirence it did not. Thanks for any help. Like the previous person I am also a bit dumbfounded by the fact that the program does not show the channel I am not sure if this is a function of the program not displaying that information or if it is the data from Schedules Direct that is not providing it, if there is a feature to enable it I would be interested. I looked at the varibles for custoizing the dispalyed data and I did not see a channel variable. It seems that one of the greatest benefits to me anyway of a channel guide would be to know what channel the program is on... I am hoping there is a way to include that channel info. Thank you for a great program :)
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

All of my listings are off by 3 hours.... :(

I am also using Schedules Direct and my time zone is properly set to America/New_York, but e.g. a 3PM show is listed at 6PM. Also fiddling with the time zone messes things up as another user described above.

I also use Schedules Direct on my Mac with a different program and the time is correct.
bodo
Site Admin
Re: 2.7 North American Listings 5 Hours Out

Beitrag von bodo »

I will close this thread, all news will be posted here:

http://hilfe.tvbrowser.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11086
Gesperrt