Radio Times Feed Not Updating

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
colin1951uk

Radio Times Feed Not Updating

Beitrag von colin1951uk »

Hello,

Is anyone having a problem updating the Radio Times feed please?

It's normaly updated on a Monday evening and I tried updating last night and twice today but I'm not getting any data...I seem to be connecting ok but there is no data in the download.

Not sure if it's me or maybe Radio Times is down (although the website appears fully updated.)

Anybody?

Thanks.

Colin
1000 miglia

Re: Radio Times Feed Not Updating

Beitrag von 1000 miglia »

Yep, same here. Been happening for a few days.

I think it's a problem at the Radio Times - here's an example URL that TV Browser connects to:
http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/94.dat
(different numbers are used for different channels)

At the moment there seems to be nothing there except a legal message. I think normally there is that message and then the programme details as well after it.

Edit: This one, which appears to be BBC News 24, is currently showing some programmes for me:
http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/90.dat
colin1951uk

Yes it's a bit worrying.

This appears to be the main channel list http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat

But whichever channel you choose there's no data available and it appears to have been that way since 29th July.

I'm wondering if they may have pulled the service and are going to make people pay for it...there was some talk in the local media here about this about three months ago.

I'm going to email the RT editor to see what's going on.

Colin
colin1951uk

Well theres hope yet...this is what they told me:-
Thank you for your email,

The service remains free but we have recently moved to a new listings
provider and so our updated service etc means we have had some initial
problems with the transition with the XMLTV service.

All is now resolved and should be back to normal on the next update
tomorrow morning.
kind regards

DAVID HODGES
So hopefully Thursday it'll be back up.

We'll see.

Colin
Zuletzt geändert von v6ph1 am 04 Aug 2010, 17:47, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: quote
1000 miglia

I'm hopeful. Thanks for sending the mail.
peten

Beitrag von peten »

Well it is now Thursday evening 17:07 local time Birmingham UK Listings still not updating wonder just what time the sites a suppsed to update their info anyone know
1000 miglia

It's working for me now, I've got everything (to me, that's the Freeview channels) up to Aug 19 in TV-Browser.
walli

Beitrag von walli »

Was working yesterday, is not working this morning; i. e. I still only have the early morning for Thursday 19th in my listings.
peten

Beitrag von peten »

well no way could i get 2.7.5 to update but having switched to 3.0beta2 it seems to be updating ok now have to wait and see later on .
colin1951uk

I'm using 2.7.5 as well...yesterday lunchtime I updated and thought it worked ok but on looking a number of the Freeview channels had 'Still to be Announced' in their listings...however I just tried again just now and this time everything seems to be there.

I'm now up to the 19th August...00:20 - 05:30 for BBC1 as an example...so basicaly early morning for all my chosen channels.

Colin
jrg

Beitrag von jrg »

colin1951uk hat geschrieben:I'm using 2.7.5 as well...yesterday lunchtime I updated and thought it worked ok but on looking a number of the Freeview channels had 'Still to be Announced' in their listings...however I just tried again just now and this time everything seems to be there.

I'm now up to the 19th August...00:20 - 05:30 for BBC1 as an example...so basicaly early morning for all my chosen channels.
There must be a sporadic fault - there's currently no data on 92 or 94 (BBC1 and BBC1 London), and in fact I can't spot any data appearing on any of the TV channels I have (Freeview, London area.) Radio's getting data, though.

Edit: In fact, my Radio listings are from BBC Backstage, not Radio Times. So I'm not getting any Radio Times data at all. Nor with 3.0.beta2 installed on a separate machine.
Fredbo

Beitrag von Fredbo »

Similar problem here, that I've noticed for a few weeks now.

No listings appear on update with the exception of BBC1 for some reason (updating using both Backstage and Radio Times feed)

Help!
Jo
Site Admin

Beitrag von Jo »

Please read the postings above. This has nothing to do with TV-Browser. Radiotimes just does not provide the data regularly at the moment. Hopefully they will be able to fix it.
Sandy

Beitrag von Sandy »

As of today back to normal . Let's hope it lasts.
jw300

Beitrag von jw300 »

I am only getting some of the RT channels: 21 out of 30+. BBC Backstage has filled in some of the gaps, but I see this error in the log:

"5:28:51 PM SEVERE: The TV data service 'Radio Times' has caused an error during update TV data: Downloading Data failed.
radiotimesdataservice.RadioTimesDataService.updateTvData(RadioTimesDataService.java:222)
tvbrowser.core.tvdataservice.DefaultTvDataServiceProxy.updateTvData(DefaultTvDataServiceProxy.java:94)
tvbrowser.core.TvDataUpdater.downloadTvData(TvDataUpdater.java:190)
tvbrowser.ui.mainframe.MainFrame$22.run(MainFrame.java:1733)"

I think the data is present, as the BBC4 page is viewablein a web browser.
Antworten