localIMDB plugin fails

For talk and Help about everything concerning TV-Browser.
Antworten
ajocius1

localIMDB plugin fails

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

I found localIMDB plugin while browsing through the forums. I think that is a great plugin, enables users to get valuable rating for movies. There is nothing better than to watch good movie, but I end up watching crap, just because it is so difficult to judge quality of movies just by it's name. I have been spending tens of minutes, browsing IMDB.com page, viewing trailers before I actually decide what movie do I want to see that day. And here it is, ready available ratings in TVBrowser using localIMDB plugin. This is great!!!! The only downside is that it doesn't work 100%. I somewhat get it working for some channels, then when I added new channels, it does not show IMDB data. I tried to double click on movie name and then click on show IMDB data, but it dies not help. I get message, that plugin must first be configured and then used... But I already configured it, have three required files on local drive and plugin is pointing there. So I am not sure what do I need to press, to make TVBrowser to udpate info from localIMDB... Any thoughts?

I do not see this plugin in the list of plugins on TVBrowser.org page. Does it mean that you no longer support it? What is the reason that such a great plugin is taken from the list?
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Ok, I have tried number of options by now. It seems that ols version of TVBrowser handles better this plugin. Version 2.2.1 imports ratings much faster than Version 2.5 or 2.5.1 beta. Versions 2.5 and 2.5.1 freezes after a while and I am not sure at what point. It leads me to restart the program, but I do not see IMDB data on screen.

But even with 2.2.1 version, after I import data, I can only see ratings for German channels. Not for Sky UK channels. I tried Premiere (1-4) and SKY UK Movies (1-10) channels for the sake of this excercise. I get ratings for most of Premiere movies, but to non of SKY UK movies. Is this plugin working only with German channels?
I doubleclicked one of the movies in Slu UK Movie channel and I get additional info. On the left of the screen I can see IMDB icon and text "Show ratings", clicking on it does not give anything. I tried to reload data, no luck. Went into TVBrowser Settings- > Plugins -> Local IMDB SEttings all channels are marked same way. After I import data again (through this settings page) I go out to of settings, double click movie again and hit Show Ratings. CPU is running 100% for 2-3 minutes and the program stops responding.Checked processes under Windows Task Manager, TVBrowser is not using CPU. The only way to go out is to End Process/Application. After restart there is no ratings for Sky UK Movies channels... I am back in square one...

Any suggestion or word of wisdom???
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I might have found what is causing problems with Sky UK channels. I spend quite some time comparing details of files for Premiere and for Sky UK. I can see that field with original title is missing once I double click on any film on Sky Uk. This is probably because all the film names are original (at least English ones) and therefore info provider did not populate original title field. And this is probably exactly the field, that is used by localIMDB, when it searches ratings.

Can I be right?

If yes, is it possible to ask data provider for Sky Uk channels to adjust the format, so that original title field is also filled?
ajocius1

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

Any thoughts here? I am not sure if my guess is right and if yes, if this is difficult to fill original title field?
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

I don't use this plugin, so I don't know if your right. To fill the original title field is not very difficult but it would produce overhead to the data. I think thats not the right way, it would be better if someone fix the plugin (but that will not be me, I have TV-Browser itself, my recording tool WinTVCap_GUI and 7 TV-Browser plugins to develop and support). The source of the LocalIMDB is available at SF.net.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
ajocius1

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

It won't be me either as one needs to know something about java and I know zero about it:)

I am almost certain on my finding, as I played further with differect channels. This plugins finds films on Scandinavian channels and ony other channels, where original title was available. It would be logical to use this field, as searching through IMDB database with movie name in Danish, would not give any result. As plugint is working the same way for all channels, I would imagine it searches original title on Sky UK channels as well. When it finds empty field, it does not search IMDB...
ds10
Site Admin
Beitrag von ds10 »

Ok, it seems to be the original title field but it's really easy for a plugin developer to add a check if the original title field is filled and if it's not filled to use the title filed instead.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
Unterstütze die Weiterentwicklung von TV-Browser
ajocius1

Beitrag von ajocius1 »

I have contacted original plugin developer through his page, but no reply so far....

Myself, have no idea on how to adjust plugin.

So...

PLUGIN DEVELOPER WANTED FOR AN EASY TASK :wink:
Antworten